Thursday, September 29, 2011

M.A.C cosmetics: Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15




The first time I tried this foundation I was very, very picky and it took me months to actually go in and buy it. For years, I tried Loreal, Maybelline, Rimmel, Revlon and all the other brands that Priceline has. I liked them and although they never completely matched my skintone, I was satisfied and hey, $30 foundation was fine with my wallet!

One day I was in the city with a friend and we went into Myer, in one of them just-got-paid moods, ready to give my bank card it's weekly workout. So, I went to the salesperson and asked him to match a colour to my skintone. There was about 30 different shades and he matched one perfectly to my skin, very different from my usual Priceline splurge that left my face orange and neck white. I bought the shade NC20. I paid $49.

That was a year ago and to this day I've stuck to the same foundation, although it's pricey, a bottle lasts a while because I don't have to use as much. It stays on all day so I no longer have to continually retouch my make-up and it looks so much more natural than other foundations I've used. I use a brush to apply it and the coverage is excellent I've had many compliments on my skin since I've started using it. My advice though, go to a MAC store and get the colour matched, they are pros they really know what they're talking about and they'll give you advice for applying it.

Would I buy it again? I have many times and I will many more, so a definate yes
Would I recommend it? yes, I've already recommended it to lots of people
Should you buy it? yes, best $50 you'll ever spend

No comments:

Post a Comment